IACH School Approval Requirements Counselling Hypnotherapist (Cand.) Levels I and II (Counselling Hypnotherapist )
Counselling Hypnotherapist (Cand.) Level I
- Must meet all local government requirements for private post-secondary schools (PTIB Registered or Designated in BC and Registered in all other provinces).
- Must have three letters of reference, two from graduate students and one from a professional associate.
- Must have been in existence for a minimum of two years.
- Must not make any unsubstantiated or false claims, either on their web site or in any promotional or informational material.
- All school instructors must meet either the Hypnotherapy Teacher requirement or the Hypnotherapy Teacher (Cand.) requirement.
- A minimum of one teacher must be a current member at the Hypnotherapy Teacher level with IACH.
- Must have a minimum of 500 total hrs. of Hypnotherapy training in the school’s curriculum.
- Must have a minimum of 120 hours of Basic counselling training. The counselling portion of Hypnotherapy or any related training can be included in the counselling requirement.
- Must have ethics covered within the curriculum.
- Must have a minimum of 50 hrs. of Ericksonian Hypnotherapy training within the curriculum.
- A minimum of 60 hours in the curriculum must be live class time (on-site and/or online)
- Must have submitted a 30-minute video of an actual class with student permission.
- Must provide a detailed course outline and sample student transcript and certificate.
- Teachers must have Professional Liability Insurance.
- The school must have Basic Commercial General Liability Insurance.
Please note: Only students who have achieved; “Resident Level”; or above in the IACH can charge a fee for their counselling hypnotherapy services.
Counselling Hypnotherapist Level II
- Must meet all requirements of School Approval Level I
- Must have the following Advanced Counselling Skills courses:
Abnormal Psychology, Group Therapy, Family Therapy, DSM V, Trauma/Abuse therapy, Ethics in Counselling, Supervision (140Hrs.)
- Except for Supervision, each Advanced Counselling Skills course must be a minimum of 30Hrs.
Please note: Barring any ethical concerns by the ethics committee, and full payment of Dues, graduates of Level l approved schools will be accepted by IACH to the level of “Counselling Hypnotherapist (Cand.)” providing they have successfully completed the full curriculum.
Please note: Barring any ethical concerns by the ethics committee, and full payment of Dues, Graduate students of Level II approved schools will be accepted by IACH to the level of “Counselling Hypnotherapist,” providing they have successfully completed the full curriculum.
IACH Approved School Rights and Privileges
Schools that are approved to this level have the following rights and privileges.
- Schools can promote that they are an approved school with IACH but must indicate the approval level (I or II). Banners(gifs) will be available. IACH reserves the right to review any promotions when there is a reference to IACH.
- Approved schools will be listed on the IACH web site and inquiries where appropriate will be directed to that page.